Named one of the Top 10 gay-friendly locations in Ontario other than Toronto by Discover Gay Ontario, Muskoka Lakes offers an unlimited array of activities and experiences year round!
Snowmobile through our winter wonderland (featured in Daily Xtra), sip wine in Bala, the Cranberry Capital of Ontario, hike one of our many picturesque trails to witness the spectacular fall colors or rent a cottage and slip into “Muskoka life”.
Whatever you chose to do, we’re proud to introduce you to Muskoka Lakes, your natural paradise, waiting to be explored!
When planning your trip, please consider the following diversity ambassadors who welcome you to Muskoka Lakes (listed below).
The websites are the links for the businesses. Some businesses do not have websites, therefore there is not one indicated to be linked to.
Where to Stay
- Bala Bed and Breakfast
- Clear Lake Cottages
- JW Marriott – The Rosseau Muskoka
- Shamrock Lodge
- Sherwood Inn
Where to Eat
- Bala Falls Pub
- Cottage Cravings
- The Hook and Ladder Restaurant
- The Lake Joseph Club – The Water’s Edge
- The Moon River Lookout
- Mrs H’s Fish & Chips
Must See and Do
- Bala Cranberry Festival
- Bala Farmer’s Market
- Bala’s Museum with Memories of Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Georgian Bay Airways
- Muskoka Boat and Heritage Centre
- Muskoka Lakes Hiking Trails
- Muskoka Lakes Winery/Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh
- Muskoka Launch Livery
- Port Carling Farmer’s Market
- Sunset Cruises
- Summer Water Sports
- The Muskoka Store
- Active Turtle yoga
- Dogg on it!
- Gravenhurst Chamber of Commerce
- Muskoka Pride
- Port Carling Taxi and Shuttle Services
- What A Convenience Store & Gas Bar
- The Wahta Station
Check out our winter tourism article in Daily Extra, written by Keph Senett http://dailyxtra.com/world/travel/muskoka-lakes-in-winter