Around 1870 Nathaniel Orchard and his family settled in a glen (Scottish for narrow valley with a stream) between Ada Lake and Butterfly Lake. He named the community Glen Orchard when he opened its post office.
- Chamber members to visit in Glen Orchard:
- The Sherwood Inn
- Cabin Savvy, Fashions, Gift and Garden for beautiful fashions, cottage decor and more
- The Smithy – great wrought iron works
- Glen Orchard General Store
- Moose Feathers Gift Shop and Printing Museum (between Glen Orchard and Port Carling)
Photo of Butterfly Lake courtesy of George Popadynec. Visit his website for more stunning photos of Muskoka.