We know how hard it is to find staff. Your Chamber’s Student Work Placement Program offers two great opportunities in one:
- a terrific student job matching portal called Outcome Campus Connect (finding you students looking for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placements and graduates; plus,
- a wage subsidy application through Magnet. Wage subsidies are now open for the Winter, Spring and Summer 2023 semesters.
ABOUT THE WAGE SUBSIDY (SWPP through Magnet)
This Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) offers eligible employers up to 50% of wages up to $5,000 when they hire Canadian post-secondary students for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placements. What’s a WIL? A co-op, internship, work related experience (even done remotely) that earns them credit for their school programs. Red Seal trades are not eligible as they are funded differently.
PRO TIP: Hiring for Summer? Post your Job first (and save the content in a separate document file) and then when it says Do You Want To Apply For Funding, apply. It makes life easier as you. Even if you don’t get funding, you may get great people to work for you.
ABOUT THE TALENT CONNECTION TOOL: Outcome Campus Connect
Outcome Campus Connect is intelligent matching technology to connect employers with talent and make recruitment efforts easy and efficient. Given COVID, you can even hire students to work for you remotely. For example, you could hire a graphic design student needing an Internship to work for you from their home – from anywhere in Canada.
How to get started.
- Register now through our Chamber’s portal by Clicking Here
- Post your Job and when prompted, Apply for the Magnet Subsidy
- Consider joining a Member How To Post a Job/Apply session held every Wednesday
ONE MUST DO: Please let us know at the Chamber that you have signed up. That way we can contact Magnet staff directly on your behalf to see how your applications are progressing.