Walker’s Point was named in 1879 when four members of the Walker family from Gananoque, Ontario started farms there. It is located in the southeast end of the Township close to the border of Gravenhurst. Walker’s Point has a community centre, library, all season walking and biking trails. There are also two tennis ocourts and a children’s playground at the community centre and a public beach at 1010 Nixon Road. The Walker’s Point Lookout Park & Trail is a must see and between Walker’s Point and Torrance lies Hardy Lake Provincial Park – a day park with a great trail system and beautiful views of Hardy Lake and Lake Muskoka.